Monday, May 16, 2011

Spotted Giraffe

I made this wall hanging for the Cotton on Quilters exhibition in March. The challenge fabric was the spots on the giraffe and the leaves on the tree lots of fussy cutting. To see the winning quilt visit here. You can also find a link on Janice's blog to a slideshow of the quilt exhibition. So many quilts & so little time to look at them all.

In the photo you can see some of the other entries in the challenge.

Cotton batting

I know I haven't posted for about 12 months but I have been making some quilts. And Amy is having another quilt festival thanks Amy for letting me join in. This quilt I made with some help from my fellow workers.
They made the heart blocks at each end of the quilt. We have given it to a friends daughter. She has been unwell and we hope this will be a comfort for her. I had fun quilting this quilt and trying out different quilting patterns. I used cotton batting instead of the usual polyester. I know it is a bit more expensive but if that is the reason for the better quilting finish it is worth using.